VOTE FOR ADULTS

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I find nothing more trite and boring than people who write about how hard being an adult is (seriously? stop.) but on Sunday I walked into Starbucks to get Brad a coffee and the barista complimented my Beatles shirt.

"Thanks," I said. "I slept in it. Twice!"

--

This morning one of my supervisors walked in and complimented my hair. "It looks really great today! Did you do something different?"

"Thanks," I said. "I decided to wash it after two days!"

...

"...because I'm an every-other-day washer now. It was really greasy and awful for a while. You have to sit through that greasy time, like over a weekend or something. Just be really grimy and awful with it. But then everything balances out with the oils and you don't need to wash it everyday anymore. Anyway, sometimes I skip two days now."

I also voted today in the California Primary. But it doesn't matter, because we will all be dead in 100 years, and most of us will end up in wheelchairs first.