a little holiday food for thought this sunday morning.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Do you know how much incest bugs me? It bugs me so much. Not for the reason you’re thinking, either.

Incest is disgusting enough to be illegal, but the part of me that leans liberal says, “KARIN, how can you tell another grown adult what to do with their body or minds when they are not hurting anyone else?”

AND THAT’S WHAT BUGS ME ABOUT INCEST. THE FACT THAT IT DOESN’T HURT ENOUGH PEOPLE.

But like, you gotta draw a moral line somewhere, right? It’s like my whole struggle with drugs. A large part of me thinks all drugs should be legal so we could spend all of that saved “War on Drugs” money for rehab and detox facilities. If you’re not putting heroin into your body because it is illegal, then you are a very corrupt individual, you know? I don’t think many people are sitting around saying, “Yeah, John. I would definitely do heroin with you tonight if it was legal. It’s the law I’m scared of, John. Not the infection and addiction and inevitable death. Just the law.”

And prostitution, too. Obviously. That one should for sure be legalized and de-stigmatized.

But that would be a shitty land to live in! If we could buy heroin at the mall and prostitutes at the mall and sibling sex tapes at the mall! It would be so shitty!

MORALS, man. I hate them.