great news!

Friday, January 16, 2015

Hey y'all, Karin here. Reporting live from the closet.

Check number 1 off my list of new year's resolutions -- we are signing our lease TONIGHT!

And Mercury isn't even retrograde for five more days! DODGED THAT BULLET THAT I WAS REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT THAT BRAD TERRORIZES ME ABOUT AND SAYS "YOU CAN'T MAKE DECISIONS JUST BECAUSE THE MOON SETS AT A CERTAIN TIME!" AND I ROLL MY EYES BECAUSE I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE MOON, I AM TALKING ABOUT MERCURY, AND LIKE, DID YOU FORGET WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO CORRIE WHEN SHE MADE A DECISION DURING A RETROGRADE PERIOD? LIKE DID YOU FORGET? ARE YOU HIGH?!

It's happening really fast. I was worried about affording it, but then I said out loud, in my car, "If there's something I'm missing or if I shouldn't do this, give me a sign." An hour later, the owner of the building called me back to tell me he ran our credit checks, everything turned out great, and he would come down on the asking rent.

I talked the owner of a luxury apartment complex with an ocean view and gated parking down MANY DOLLARS per month just by saying "I'm not paying that much. We have good credit and full time jobs. Do the right thing."

He says, "Well, I'll accept the deposit and prorated first month's rent in a cashier's check and you can have the keys tomorrow." Which is today.

So I am having a YOLO moment and telling myself that if I am struggling when the year is up, we'll move. Plain and simple.

IT WILL BE HARD LEAVING THAT OCEAN VIEW THOUGH. THAT MIGHT BE HARD TO LEAVE IN A YEAR.

So, I'm moving this weekend! Sort of! I have to reassemble my barn wood headboard (that came out way Pinterestier than I meant) and figure out how to attach a trailer to a truck, but hey, maybe I'll wear birkenstocks and no make up! I'm a beach community resident now!

I'm excited, and I'm terrified. I had a panic attack thinking about the fact that I have Monday off and WHAT WILL I DO ALL DAY IF WE DON'T HAVE INTERNET BY THEN?