I applied for a job three weeks ago, and just when I was feeling hopeless about ever being qualified for anything, I got a call to come in for an interview. I haven’t been to a real job interview in years. When I first got back to California I met with a few families about nannying, but nanny interviews are barely interviews. Urban Ouftitters pretty much just hired anyone. The marketing firm in Chicago hired me on the spot. I told the CEO of the TV branding company in Malibu that I was going to work for him and showed up the next day to prove my point. I told him I liked his dog and he was like “you start tomorrow.” And my current nanny job was supposed to be a last-minute, on-call job for three days that has lasted a year.

So I have a real job interview on Monday. Anyone want to give me a Xanax?