brace face

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fitting in perfectly with my recent onset of hashtag angst, I GOT BRACES TODAY.

Yeah, y'all. Braces. Clear braces. Invisalign.

This is something I have wanted to do for years. I had traditional braces in junior high but because I'm a spoiled brat and do what I want, I never wore my retainer. Or I wore it for like a week, maybe. I was like "LOL, what's the point of this if I already had braces? SEE YA!" because my orthodontist explained exactly nothing to me when I was 13 and I decided my ideas were better, which was probably true because he ended up murdering his in-laws and himself years later.

Fast forward to my current dentist, who has been my dentist since I had braces the first time. He's great and I'm obsessed with him. He started doing Invisalign about 10 years ago. After being quoted an arm, leg, and ovary by the dentist I stupidly wasted thousands of dollars on in Nashville, I asked my current guy about it and he was like "LOL, that's easy and cheap." And so far it is.

I only have aligners for my top teeth, but I'll be getting attachments on Tuesday. Thankfully my case is mild and only requires 10 sets of aligners, which comes out to about 5 or 6 months total. My parents didn't even notice, I don't talk funny, they really ARE invisible, and if you were planning on bullying me I hope your dentist murders your in-laws.

BYE!