puppywatch: day 1

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Today is my first of ten days staying with a 4 month old German Shepherd puppy while his owner is out of the country. My call time was 3:45 this morning and thanks to the grande coffee I had around 7 (a size I save for exceptionally long days and would otherwise send me into a spiraling panic attack by 8 AM) and the large Coke Zero I poured for myself with my Chipotle lunch (which will surely be my only meal until tomorrow's lunch) I've been doing surprisingly well.

I have a design deadline tomorrow night and I've managed to hash out a brand new one today. It required abandoning my original idea slightly, but things fell into place quite nicely afterwards and I'm "done" hours before I planned.

My submission requires a statement about my inspiration for the pieces and a biographical blurb. I am relying on my delirium for these tasks.

Here is what I have so far, although I'm not sure it paints as sparkly a picture as I desire:

"Karin is a nanny and freelance graphic designer in the greater L.A. area. After graduating from Cal State Channel Islands and being ejected into the unforgiving economic climate of 2008, she turned to recreational pastry baking and food design, which she quickly found out was cheaper than the therapy she so desperately and obviously craved."

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Oh, did you want an update on the puppy? Two hours ago he barfed, then peed, then pooped all within 30 seconds.