Adventures in Health Care

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Me: (discussing the issue with my rejected application for Medi-Cal four months ago)
 
Covered California: What you need to do is apply on paper and send that in.
 
Me: So just... a regular application form? Just one I can pick up at the hospital or something?
 
CCA: Yes.
 
Me: Okay. What's the difference between a paper application and the electronic application?
 
CCA: When you apply electronically, you apply online.
 
Me: Yes.
 
CCA: (silence)
 
Me: (silence)
 
CCA: (silence)
 
Me: (silence)
 
CCA: (silence)
 
Me: Okay, yes. I applied online with CoveredCalifornia.com.
 
CCA: Then you can just print that out, sign it, and send it.
 
Me: Why can't I just send it through electronically?
 
CCA: Because you need to fill out a regular application form, not an online one.
 
Me: But I can just print out my application?
 
CCA: Yes.
 
Me: The same application that was sent to you and rejected?
 
CCA: Yes.
 
Me: But it will be a totally different outcome because it is being sent on paper?
 
CCA: Yes.
 
Me: (silence)
 
CCA: (silence)
 
Me: (silence)
 
CCA: (silence)
 
Me: Okay.