So you guys, for Valentine's Day I bought Brad and me a cooking class at a great little spot in Hollywood called Eatz. Their class sizes are tiny (I think they cap at 14 students), there is unlimited wine/cocktails, a pre-made appetizer when you show up, and it's a super intimate and hands-on cooking experience. All the Yelp reviews were at least 4 stars (but mostly 5 stars) and I have been anticipating this for two months now.

I chose the pasta cooking class, where we got to learn the basics of knife handling, chopping, dicing, and preparing the dough all by hand. Brad has been cultivating a huge interest in cooking over the past year or so, and I must say... I gotta give myself credit here... I'm probably the best gift giver you've ever known. It was awesome. If you live in the LA area, I highly recommend Eatz as a very low-stress, intimate, a fun environment for learning to cook specific dishes. Their class menus change everyday, so you have a billion types of classes to choose from.


By the end of the class, we had prepared (by hand) lasagna bolognese, linguini with tarragon mascarpone cream sauce, mushroom and pancetta ravioli with thyme brown butter sauce, roasted cauliflower gratin, and Kahlua canollis. Plus a shit ton of wine.

Afterwards we headed up to my hometown to take care of a few errands and wound up at the Shot Exchange, which is the bar that Jon Taffer rescued in Saugus. Never thought I'd recommend this bar to anyone, seeing as how many fights and dirtbags used to hit that place regularly, but it's great and I love chocolate cake shots.

So there you have it, Internet. Go to Eatz and the Shot Exchange.