Since Brad doesn't know my blog's URL (lol, can you stand it?! It's become an ongoing joke between us. He half wants to figure it out, half probably could figure it out, and half doesn't care because I tell him way more than I tell the Internet anyway, and yes, sometimes three halves equals a whole relationship where my boyfriend doesn't know my blog URL) and rarely... like, raaaarely checks Instagram, I'll tell you guys that I made him some cinnamon roll flavored macarons.

The other week I attempted chocolate macarons. I mastered the macaronage technique and felt brave enough to explore flavors. I went with chocolate because I have a vagina. It was a disaster.

Brad likes cinnamon rolls so I decided I would dominate that scene.


Here's my recipe for that:

SHELLS:

- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites

Sift powdered sugar, cinnamon, and almond flour together. Do not skip this step. Seriously. Don't skip this. I get a lot of emails about lumpy macarons and it's because you didn't sift it. Just take the 10 minutes and sift it.

Beat two egg whites until foamy, about 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, and increase speed for another 2 minutes. Continue gradually adding sugar until egg whites become shiny and cloud-like. You want stiff peaks. Don't bitch out here. Get those peaks stiff.

Gradually add the powdered sugar/almond flour mixture to the egg whites and GENTLY fold it all in until incorporated, about 50 strokes. The consistency you want will not have lumps, and will fall slowly from your spatula. If it sticks to your spatula, or falls in clumps... keep folding. You want a runny batter-like texture.

After you pipe them onto parchment paper, dust them with some more cinnamon. Let them sit out until they are completely dry to the touch. Bake on top rack at 300 degrees for about 8 minutes, remove and rotate sheet, bake for an additional 6 minutes.

CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FILLING:

- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups (or more) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Blend it all up til it looks like frosting.