Hey, readers in Albuquerque / around that area...

Corrie and I will be staying there for a night next month on our drive back to the land of fruits & nuts. On our drive out to Nashville two years ago, we stayed a little bit East of ABQ in Santa Rosa to save a few bucks. I kind of want to do the same thing this time, except the further West I can go, the better. It looks like my only options are Grants and Gallup, and everyone on Priceline says these are "train towns" and that trains go by every 15 minutes, 24/7. There doesn't appear to be any other towns at all  until deep into Arizona, but at that point we'll have been driving for 10+ hours.

I'd like to avoid that.

I'm willing to throw down some extra cash and stay in the heart of Albuquerque, but I need some suggestions. Nothing fancy, by any means. We'll just be sleeping and grabbing oatmeal on the way out.

Things I don't want:
  • Damp floors
  • Plugged bathroom drains
  • Bed bugs
  • Unsafe neighborhood

If you've stayed in, or slightly East of Albuquerque and have any recommendations, please email me. I'm talking Comfort Inn-type places. Two stars. Less than $100 a night. Less than a mile off I-40. You get it.

Also, you can't murder me. Find someone else if you need to go killing.