yikes.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Yesterday was like taking a bullet. Don't get me wrong! I love Valentine's Day. I don't even care that it's a made-up, consumer-driven holiday. Every holiday is, and I love any excuse to buy presents and switch things up. Holidays are fun.

But Jesus. This year really felt exceptionally over-the-top with everyone. Maybe it's just because we are all getting older, but I don't think I've ever seen so many showy Valentines before.

I received two valentines -- one from Avery, and one from my mom. Avery gave me the hugest hug and said, "I love you, Miss Karin." It brought me to tears because my heart is full of emotions right now and every single day I'm with her, I feel like it's going to explode.

So, yeah. Good job, everybody, growing up and getting engaged on Valentine's Day. I ate 12 Reese's peanut butter hearts and drank grapefruit soda. Alone in my bed. Again.

And am shockingly okay with it.