nothing funny here; give me two days and I'll make you laugh again.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ugh, just ugh.

I knew this would happen, but I fell victim to a head cold literally the day after I got the flu shot. No, the flu shot does not give people the flu. Don't be stupid. It was only a matter of time, and I'm actually super impressed with my immune system for holding out this long. Thankfully I am on the mend, but I DID feel like dying for 36 hours; now I just feel like self-mutilating. My cough is disgusting, my nose is running the LA Marathon, but my migraines are gone, my fever is gone, and I’ve had no body aches or anything super debilitating like that.

I'm not sure why I am so stressed out about going home. I mean, I think I am more stressed about getting everything done before tomorrow. That's probably it. I haven't even thought about packing yet. Plus, the kids I watch have their grandma in town... and it's always a little weird to take care of kids in front of a perfectly capable family member. I'm grateful for the hours and paycheck, but it's exhausting cleaning up after an additional person.

Especially with a head cold.

I haven't even really seen Darien since Sunday. Thankfully, we got some good alone time... all day long. We even had coffee and talked about super hard-hitting topics like circumcision (I am strongly against it; he had no opinion on it) and gun control (I am strongly for it; he supports responsible gun ownership/usage). Somehow we respect each other enough to not hate each other with our polarized preferences.

I don't know how I am going to get everything done before tomorrow. It just makes me tired.

But in 48 hours I will be LA-bound.

And then going directly to the dentist. Because I know how to celebrate.

And making this face for nine days.