I was browsing for some books for the little girl I watch and saw this Grover book and oh wow, can we talk about how I couldn’t read this book as a young child because I felt bad for turning the pages? Because Grover seemed so scared? Even though I knew he was the monster at the end of the book? AND WAS ALSO FULLY AWARE THAT HE WAS AN ILLUSTRATION AND NOT A REAL THING?

I’m pretty sure that this was around the time in my life when I stopped playing with my stuffed animals because I felt bad that when I played with one, I was ignoring the others. So I just stopped. Altogether. And anytime I'd come back in my room after being gone for an extended period of time, I assumed they were all talking shit about me. And then Toy Story came out, which only confirmed my fears about my toys coming to life and judging me.

HAHA, WHAT ANXIETY?! I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.