For as long as I can remember, I have been afflicted by Seasonal Affective Disorder during this time change (which, for the horribly retarded people out there: this is NOT Daylight Saving Time anymore. We are now on Standard Time. Also, there is no "s" at the end of Daylight Saving. It is one saving. Only one. Stop being stupid, everybody.) so I often try techniques to help me stay awake and not be a total grandma. For example, we replace our light bulbs with blue-tinted light bulbs because apparently the brain associates blue-tinted lights as daylight and so we think it's noon all the time. This isn't exactly accurate, but it helped some. I also can't sit down at all once I get home from work, or else I won't get up. It's a fact. I won't even get up to go to the bathroom. I'll just lay there in my own soilings and hibernate until Daylight Saving comes back.

So last night, Darien and I got home around the same time and I explained that we needed to go to the mall instantly or else there was no hope.

We stopped in Williams Sonoma because we like to pretend we are rich Franklin residents, and came across the Grain Mill attachment for Kitchenaids.


I think we all need a grain mill to use at home. Because it’s the 1300s, and there are no stores where you can purchase processed grain products. And then we can also pick up a map of the flat earth and some Polio.