I spent this weekend on the tail end of Darien's tour run with Mutemath. He has one more show tomorrow night in Louisiana with them, followed by a few days with a different band... and then he's home! For a couple weeks! I'm going to have to readjust to the idea of living with somebody because I'm a queen who rules her castle.

But man. This was the most physically and emotionally taxing tour run I've ever been on. I couldn't wait to get in my car and drive home last night. The universe was yelling at me (figuratively and, actually, literally) to get the hell outta dodge. How come you never receive any sort of warning when you lay your head on your pillow at night that the next day is going to be a drama-filled shitstorm? Shouldn't there be some sort of a system so you can decide if you want to wake up the next day?

Oh, right. The world would come to a screeching halt.

I was strategically brought into a negative situation by simply just being there at the time. And people are calling my character into question and it seems awfully unjust. In this case, I think it's pretty clear to anyone reasonable that I tried to do the right thing, and that I wasn't involved in any of the wrongdoing, but expecting people to be reasonable is sometimes too much to ask.

So I threw my hands up and drove off into the sunset. With tears in my eyes. Which is, like, really hard to do.

Birmingham was so, so boring. Painfully so. I walked a few miles in uncomfortable shoes, trying to find an area where people hung out. Where people shopped. Where there were things to be done. It was creepy and deserted and some guy kept catcalling me. I finally shouted at him to "shut the fuck up!" and he stopped. I've never yelled at a stranger before.

Knoxville seemed pretty cute, but small and limiting. After 10 minutes in the market square area, I was bored. A rent-a-cop yelled at me, and I yelled back, with zeal. Which makes him the second person I'd ever yelled at. In fact, I believe my phrase was, "Yeah, I'll move my car in a minute. And then I'll park it up your ass."

I cringe when I think about the terrible, terrible situation I walked into this weekend. It makes me tired. It makes me want to get in bed and not wake up.

To make myself feel better, I went to the mall to exchange the shoes I bought Darien for his birthday, and on the way out bought myself a dress.

So, there.