Genius Lady can do anything!

Monday, September 24, 2012

I just fixed a toilet!! By myself!!

Did anybody ever see that coming?

Let me break it down for you.

The toilets at my job are like... fancy. Except their hardware is not fancy. As far as I can tell (meaning, the one time I had Darien look at them to tell me why they kept running) they have cheap plastic parts inside the tanks and they're all ghetto and stuff, and things, etc. Whatever.

Often times my bosses will just shut the water off to the toilets to prevent the slow, constant draining of water. That's easy enough -- even I know how to turn the water on and off from a toilet. And I don't know how to do anything.

So imagine my surprise when I used the bathroom this morning and it wouldn't flush.

I WON'T GO INTO THE DETAILS, but I was like, definitely sweating hard when after two hours of me turning the toilet water back on, the toilet still wouldn't flush. It wouldn't do anything.

So I used my brain (Google) and found out that the flush valve seal wasn't completely attached to the flush valve, so bitch stuck her hand right in there and re-attached it to the flush valve and waited (prayed) that the water tank would fill back up (it did). And then? The water even stopped running.

No one would be a better cavewoman than me and I think each and every one of you knows that and it probably makes you a little bit scared. That’s understandable. I can be scary, but I’m mainly really good at being practically just like a genius all of the time every day that I live and breathe (all of the time.)