My last remaining grandparent is currently in a morphine coma and is expected to slip away into the great beyond sometime today. I'm not sure how I want to write about it, or how I feel about it, but each time I open up this blogging platform I draw a blank. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not too cool for you, or out doing something crazy fun. I'm just kind of reeling from this. It sort of feels like not only is my last grandparent dying, but it feels like my childhood is, too. That might sound trite and kind of lame, but I think my biggest issue with life these days is that I can't still be a kid anymore. I can't even pretend to be a kid anymore, because now I won't get a $10 check for any of my birthdays ever again. That's real talk. Grandparents are the jam, and I hope you all take time to call yours up today and let them know that $10 is a totally awesome gift to get.

Due to the imminent death in my family, I may be out of town in the coming days. THANKS FOR NOT EMAILING ME SASSY COMMENTS ABOUT HOW I AM NOT FUNNY ANYMORE. AS GREAT AS THOSE EMAILS ARE, MAYBE YOU COULD LIKE GIVE ME A MINUTE TO GET A GRIP ON MY ADULT LIFE. :(

EDIT: She died 20 minutes ago. Next few days might get a little tense for me.