I must own these.


[UPDATE: OK, I bought them. I can’t afford these shoes. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’m an addict and my grandma died.]

[UPDATE 2: After several minutes of serious buyer's remorse, I have come to the conclusion that it’s okay that I spent a lot of money on shoes today because it’s kinda like they’re a back to school present to myself, even though I’m not going back to school. I’m just saying, it’s not odd to buy shoes this time of year. It’s okay. I’m fine. I’ll be okay. Life’s about to get really mellow and all I’m going to do is hang out and not spend money and I got a 50 cent per hour raise, so it’s fine. Totally fine.]

[UPDATE 3: I just wanted to say that I’m comforted immensely by the fact that I have generous and loving parents who would never watch their daughter go homeless. Like, if I started being homeless ever, I think they would find out pretty quickly and be like, “Hey girl, come home to California.” And I would. Because realistically, no one really wants to be homeless. Except for like, the few that actually do but you know, that’s different.]

[UPDATE 4: This is obviously some genetic Irish Catholic bullshit. I don’t think I’ve purchased shoes since 2011. Well, that’s not true. I bought new moccasins a few weeks ago... but they're brown. And I got some slip ons at H&M, but they’re a little too small and hurt my toes and that’s like, not a shoe. That’s not what you need in a shoe. So I think this is fine. This is a fine thing to do. I don’t need to beat myself up about treating myself to a pair of colorful shoes. I feel guilty because I don’t allow myself to have nice things, I think. That’s not true. I just shouldn’t be so worked up about a pair of shoes. I’ve really derailed my day.]