When Harry Met Sally Dress

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I went to my fabric store a few times last week to pick up some cottons for a gift I'm making for my pregnant friend and found this super lightweight and soft Japanese cotton. It was a little sheer but decided that since all fabrics are 50% off this month, I'd go ahead and get a few yards to see if I could make a maxi dress to drape myself in during this horrible Summer.

I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with it, but it came together nicely (and in under 2 hours!)



(Sorry about the bad quality in these two pics... don't know why I didn't get a shot of the back when I went outside. Probably because I'm stupid.)



I'm hopefully going to grab some more of this fabric with a slightly different print so I have a few of these on hand for these summer months. I have been dreading this time of year... but there's no avoiding it. Might as well look badass in the meantime.