Today I had an imaginary conversation with Darien* (*sort of like talking to myself, but pretending I'm talking to him so that I can visualize his expressions and responses and stupid, stupid, stupid interrogations about everything, which makes me really think things through better than if I was just talking to Plain Old Me) about getting my projects off the ground that I've been meaning to for a while.

Here's the thing(s):

1. I've been so nervous to sell my dresses online because I feel like a total fraud. I feel like the things I make are stupid, and when I (honestly, in real life) told Darien I would only sell them for, like, $25, he guffawed so loudly that I realized I might still have some lingering self-esteem issues instilled from, I dunno, birth.

2. Rather than taking custom orders, I'm going to try and make three of each style/fabric with slightly different measurements and hope that they fit some interested females (or males). Just until I feel confident enough in existing to perfect my measuring. This, however, is going to cost me a pretty penny. The fabric I have been looking at ranges from $13 to $25 per yard, and I've been needing about 2 yards per dress. It's probably worth the initial investment, so...

3. In the coming weeks, I'm going to be doing a few closet sales. I have three closets stuffed with clothes that are beautiful and I'm totally attached to, but never wear. It doesn't make sense for me to hang onto things just because they're cute. It's time to get down to the brass tacks and just, like, simplify and shit. Please buy my clothes. I will price them affordably, and probably have a standard $6 shipping fee. Look for this during the first week of June. Everything will be first come first serve.

4. I took a shower tonight because I felt like washing my face and being warm. I put on pajamas and climbed into bed to answer emails and write this blog, and I can't believe how great I feel. This is the best feeling in the world. I can't believe I haven't been doing this every night.