This puppy lives in the house across the street from mine.

She is about 8 or 9 months old.

Back in November, my neighbors got her as a puppy. I quickly learned there was a puppy in the neighborhood because I have a very keen puppy radar, and also I was woken up one morning to the sound of a choking dog. Yes, choking. You know... high pitched yelps. I looked outside and saw this little nugget tangled up in her leash, which was tied to a small tree near their porch. She was itty bitty and goochie woochie. And annoying as hell.

She barked all day long. And all night long. I wanted to kill her.

Until one day a few weeks ago when she wandered into my sunroom when I left the back door open while unloading groceries.

She's precious. And a baby. And she just needs attention. She's very submissive and scared all the time, and pees all over herself at first, but she's such a gentle snuggle bug. I really love her so much, and they treat her so horribly.

We've had a series of bad storms out here every night and she's always left outside. Her water dish is upside down in the mud, and I've never seen her eat anything (except what I've given her). I actually saw her drinking STORM RUNOFF the other day.

Anyway, Internet. I'm going to steal her when Darien and I move this Summer.

And I'm going to name her Maeby (COS SHE HAS FRECKLES AND ALSO I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A DOG NAMED MAEBY).