on that note... Red Velvet Cookies

Sunday, April 1, 2012


These. Are. KILLER.

I didn't think they'd be THIS GOOD.

Red Velvet, in general, is a more savory pastry flavor, and that's why Darien is such a big fan. He doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, which is tragic for me because I end up eating all the things I bake.

Anyway. Here is the rough idea of what I did (I tend to bake with my feelings and less with recipes, so, sorry, except, no I'm not.)

Ingredients:

- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 heaping regular tablespoon all purpose flour (this is where it gets tricky. I just tossed some in.)
- Small bowl of confectioner's sugar

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together (except the confectioner's sugar) with hand mixer (or a spoon, or however, I don't give a shit). Dough will be normal consistency, and a little oily. Roll dough into small balls and drop into bowl of sugar. Coat the dough balls completely. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Cracks will appear on surface of cookies.  Let sit on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes before moving to cookie rack to cool. Die of a heart attack.