DESTIN

Monday, April 16, 2012

Darien had the amazing idea to drive down to Destin, Florida this weekend. I was a little hesitant at first because, as much as I love road trips, I absolutely despise them at night -- and the plan was to leave Friday after I got off work. Destin is a 7 - 8 hour drive south of us. I get off work around 6:00 PM. I was like... ehhh. Plus, with my mouth being retarded right now, I can't really eat anything that requires chewing.

But you know what? He sweet talked me into it. He rented a car, because neither one of us wanted to put the 1,000 miles on either of our cars. A swift packing job after work, we were loaded up and on our way south.

The drive was pretty easy because, unlike southern California, there isn't any traffic after a certain point out here. At all. We had intended on stopping somewhere around midnight to break up the drive, but once we got to that point we both decided we should keep trucking. So we stopped shortly outside of Destin and stayed at a Comfort Inn for the night.

The next morning we drove into town and it was SO BEAUTIFUL. I had NO IDEA the Gulf of Mexico had game. Since we had no formal plans of lodging or anything, we drove for to Seaside to find some beach front places and do some shopping. Unconvinced, he splurged and landed us at the Hilton Sandestin Resort... which was heavenly. I don't know why I didn't take any pictures from our room, but it was probably because I was so caught up in swimming in the clear gulf and laying on the white sands and jumping in the pool that it just slipped my mind. I did take these pictures, though:

 

 

The next morning I went for a walk before he woke up and discovered I looked like the crossbreed of a mermaid and witch, which is something I've been striving towards for years.


On the drive back up, we stopped at an antique mall in Alabama and spent hardly any money on three pieces of furniture and some canisters for my baking things.



Then I got really tired and sad because I was sunburned and we had a long drive home.

Now I'm at work.

I can't think of any more words to type.