hittin the road

Thursday, February 16, 2012


I am leaving tomorrow after work for the Mutemath tour that Darien has been on for the past three weeks. Going on tour stresses me out a ton, and I always over-pack, and the idea that tonight is the last night for a little while that I'll be sleeping on my tempur pedic bed makes me gag.

A lot of people have asked me what it's like staying on a bus and seeing shows every night. I'll tell you this much: it's definitely not like Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, and it's more along the lines of having a sore lower back from sleeping on a little mattress while being packed in like sardines and getting motion sickness and feeling every single bump on the freeway while trying to sleep / read / form cohesive thoughts. And when one person farts? Oh. Everybody suffers. It’s not nearly as cool as it sounds and it actually kind of kills me inside because my life is filled with so much uncertainty. As much as I love to travel and see great bands... I'd very easily rather stay home.

I'll be in Chicago and Minneapolis this weekend, so if any of you reading this bump into me, please say hi. I'm not nearly as mean as I look sometimes. But... please don't kill me or hit on my boyfriend in front of me. Those are like... my only rules.