sexting

Monday, January 23, 2012

Been having lots of fun being with Darien in his tour's pre-production. Lots of fun includes sitting on the same couch for hours on end and not knowing what daylight looks like and then suddenly it's midnight and I'm like whatever whatever it's liiiiike. Aight.

Lots of fun also includes living through tornados through the middle of the nights and not sleeping evers.

The other night we were talking about sexting and making mad fun of some Nashvillers and I think sexting is bizarre. Most of the time, anyway. It’s like, “Yo, what do you mean ‘How are we going to do it?’ How the hell do you think we’re going to do it? Are you retarded? Are you asking me to explain sex to you? I know you know what sex is. You’d have to. Are you texting your guy friends and asking them how you’re going to play basketball later? I know you’re not!”

Also, do you want that out there? I sure as hell don’t. I don’t need some indiscreet bro leaning over to his friends and saying, “Oh dude, Karin said ____.” Karin didn’t say shit, fool! You wanna know why? ‘Cause Karin isn’t going there with you right now. And let’s not even get into the psychology behind the desire to communicate intimate details in 160 character messages rather than in person.

There are obviously exceptions to every rule (like, sexting can be okay if you are both pretending to be pigs, and saying things that pigs would say to each other while sexting), but in general, my thought is that sexting is never, ever going to be worth the damage it could cause. And it makes you look dumb as hell!

Finally, I hope all of you enjoyed your free clue for today.