in lieu of years new

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Everyone usually beings workout regimens at the onset of a year, but I've been physically on point for almost two years now. Fitness is really awesome and makes everyone jealous of you, so I totally condone it.

Darien is FINALLY going to go in with me on getting a treadmill in our house, since I haven't been able to do interval training out here. Along with gettin' fit, I've convinced him to stop drinking alcohol for the month of January, to see if it has any effect on his overall health.

Telling a 26 year old to stop drinking for a month is like telling me to stop planning my wedding to Taylor Hanson for a month. You should put a quarter in your ass because you're basically playing yourself.

Anyway, he's on board. He's gonna do it. I told him I'd stop eating chocolate chips for the month to be fair. (OK. I know what you're thinking. But I eat chocolate chips in bed, recreationally, daily, and lovingly.)

This morning I got up to go to the bathroom and came back to bed, having debated for a while whether chocolate chips were an equal contribution. I wanted to think of something better than chocolate chips to give up. I woke him up to let him know I'd been thinking about it.

Then I said, "The only thing I'm addicted to is my iPhone."