I choose instead to dwell in my disasters

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I had the absolute worst night last night, and I've been coughing up chunks of what I can only explain as clear spray paint that Darien used to coat our almost-completed barn wood headboard. Our entire house reeked of this stuff. I had to use my Woodstock blanket to actually smother myself in an attempt to not inhale the fumes... all night long. I considered sleeping in my car. I considered sleeping in the walk-in closet in the guest room, but I stopped short there because I remembered the last time I was recording vocals in there I was surrounded by spider carcasses. I then considered getting a hotel room, but I get the feeling I'd be inhaling worse things there.

I still have a lingering migraine from it all, so I will sit here and eat this oatmeal and listen to this song on repeat because I'm an adult and it's raining.