gross

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Last night Darien and I were watching Sex and the City after a long and arduous trip to the supermarket section of Walmart. I hate grocery shopping. I hate it. I can't even start to talk about it. I hate spending my time and money on grocery shopping.

I walk into a grocery store and I’m like, ok, the chicken breasts are… somewhere… on the outskirts of this store. And I walk the perimeter. Ok. Found my chicken breasts. Now the rice… where is the rice… and five minutes later I find the rice.

Anyway. Right? Last night I wanted to find salad dressing. Do you know how many types of salad dressing there are?

I’M DONE. I’M LEAVING. I’M DROPPING MY BASKET IN THE AISLE AND JUST WALKING OUT. THERE IS NO ROOM IN MY LIFE FOR GALAVANTING AROUND THE GROCERY STORE WHEN I CLEARLY CANNOT KEEP MYSELF TOGETHER IN THE SALAD DRESSING AISLE.

“Walk up and down the aisles!” I told myself that time I decided I would make dinner for Darien's birthday. The dinner that was simply chicken, cheese, and croissants in a casserole dish. No sides. How do you expect me to make sides? What do I even put them in? Now I need to buy cookware?

So fine. We walked the aisles last night. We walked up and down the aisles. And after half an aisle, I chose to stop even looking at my list. How do you EVEN expect me to do something as boring as walking up and down aisles without totally spacing out? It’s just like that time I tried reading Lord of the Rings. By the time I flipped to the sixth page I realized, while I had in fact seen every word, I was focusing more on the font and typography than the dumb story line.

Oh. Point is, he had to go to work for a few hours over night. I love when that happens because I get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep before his giant moose body / moose snoring invades my serenity. Anyway, I woke up around 4:30 this morning and he was still gone. For a few minutes, I really missed him. I think that's the sweetest thing I've ever said.