HOME

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I finally arrived in Los Angeles at 11-something-ish PM after working for 10 hours, and sped through the security line at Nashville International, except for the 20 minutes of an inconsiderate Persian woman unpacking and repacking her suitcases in front of me at the full body scan area when she learned that there was a baggage fee for her millions of bags ('parently the bitch lives under a rock cause I showed up with 1 bag and about 100 bucks in cash prepared for the worst. I guess homegirl doesn't get out much... or ever.)
 
After landing, we immediately went over to Saugus Cafe, only to find that they were closed. CLOSED. So I went to Denny's and ordered everything on the menu and didn't feel an ounce of guilt. Until 2:00 AM when I went home and felt the giant bulge of my belly.

Last night I fell asleep (albeit briefly) in my old, amazing bed with a hand-made quilt all up on me, half-watching The Nanny. All throughout the night I kept half-waking, sure I wasn't at home, but still comfortable because I could hear my dog's collar jingle outside my door. I got up at 7:00 and have been going nonstop ever since then.

Today I hung out with my parents. Attempted to get my iPhone, but the store's supply was way down (thus rendering any discount strong-arming on our part virtually useless), so I got a flu shot and ate a gigantic Mexican feast. Wow. Wow. I cannot believe how quickly I grew accustomed to artificial Mexican food in the 3 months I've been in Tennessee. I'd say I had the best food of my life today, but statements like that are relative. My mom and I went to a few stores to find me some kitchen towels and oven mitts, and walked out with nail polish. Go figure. I also took a trip over to Salvies (favorite store of all time), where the manager recognized me, asked me how Tennessee has been, and then gave me two dresses for free.

Anyway, I'm here, I'm safe. I'm going to go eat some homemade food and maybe learn how to knit. Maybe finish season 4 of Dexter finally. Fell asleep on the plane so I'm a little lost as to where I left off. What a mess. 

See ya in a bit.