Dexter, finally.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blech. I'm here. I'm here. Everyone calm down. Feeling fully recovered from that stomach bug and now it's back to business, as usual.

This week, however, business has been me sitting here watching season 1 of Dexter. I just finished the season finale. Minutes ago. I'm not crapping my pants over this show the way so many of my friends have. I get it. It's interesting. I enjoy watching it. But hour-long episodes? My time is precious, Dextie. Spare me the fluff dialogue and bad punnery. Get to the blood. Get to it.

I've always had this suspicion with Dexter. I have seen a few consecutive episodes (years ago), and I knew that I could get into it if I tried... but it'll never be Weeds. It'll never be The Big C. It'll never be Keeping Up with the Kardashians. My intuition with this show is that I'll start season 2 in a minute, get gradually more and more into it, and then the plotline will just stop being believable. It's already lingering above that line. It'll happen. My intuition is like, the LeBron James of intuitions.

Prove me wrong, Dex.

PS: I'm planning on finishing season 2 by the week's end so that I can purchase season 3 for my flight out to California. Because I have a stop in Denver, which everyone knows is code for "get comfortable because ya ain't getting to your destination on time because you're in Denver."