Risk of Heat Cramps, Exhaustion, and Heat Stroke

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The article first states, "The elderly, the very young, and people with mental illness and chronic diseases are at highest risk." Mental illness is kind of a broad term. I mean, anxiety is technically a mental illness. So now I'm at the highest risk because occasionally I get panic attacks?

It then goes on to say, "However, even young and healthy individuals can succumb to heat if they participate in strenuous physical activities during hot weather."

Oh, great. So basically anyone and everyone. Got it.

I've been on weather.com trying to see what conditions I'll be driving through in a few days. It's looking like purely 100+ temperatures, thunderstorms for at least half of it, and 100% humidity for 100% of it.

I laugh in the face of danger.

PS: How sad will you be if the bike attached to the back of my car gets struck by lightning and my entire car explodes and I die? Probably moderately to severely.