Gonna tattoo "FRUGAL" on my butt cheeks

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Almost bought this chair yesterday at Salvies. Normally I have some serious issues with purchasing upholstered furniture second-hand. You just never know what cat has peed on it or what drug addict has died on it. I'd be open to purchasing vintage furniture more often, but only if I were a skilled re-upholsterer. I'm sure I could figure it out. After all, one time I successfully stained a fireplace mantle by myself. So, like, right?

Anyway, this was a different story. It was in unusually good condition (except for the seat cushion being a different tint than the rest of the chair, but I flipped it over to see a tiny pink stain that could easily be spot-treated). All the seaming was in tact, there was no pilling or tearing. Plus, it was listed at $65, but it's half-off day practically everyday at Salvies. I know this because I'm their only patron. But I started questioning whether or not I could fit into the back of my tiny Yaris, and if Darien would ridicule me for -- yet again -- purchasing furniture that I will one day (soon) need to transport across the country.

So what I'm getting at is, look, I'm a frugal bitch, and I know when to say when.*

*When you find $1 clogs instead, that's when.