5:35 am

Sunday, April 24, 2011

I spent most of yesterday cleaning my living space. I took everything out of my car, vacuumed, Swiffered, then changed my sheets, sorted laundry by color and wash cycle... It took about three hours, and by the time I was done I was exhausted and in need of a lemonade/blog/e-mail break. I sat down on my bed and put my feet up to rest, when out of the corner of my eye I see Duke doing a little sniffy thing all around the middle of my bedroom. I stop reading my incredibly backlogged emails long enough to take a closer look after he jumped up on my bed, and right at that moment I saw a massive skid mark on the center of my freshly-washed duvet cover.

And that, ladies and gents, is a metaphor for my entire life.

It's super early on Easter morning. I woke up about a half hour ago needing to pee my brains out. Now I can't go back to sleep because I want to get up and look around my parents' house for hidden candy and easter eggs. Because I am 24 and this kind of behavior is still acceptable to my mother. Anyway, today is going to be one hell of an endurance test in the game of ME vs. THINGS TO STUFF MY FACE WITH.