Valentine's Day, etc

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gosh. I have been unusually exhausted the past week or so. Unmotivated to get things taken care of and even more unmotivated to post blogs. I do feel the need to recap V-day with photos.

Koop picked me up a box of Chicago-based chocolates mere minutes before his take-off. I get incredibly jealous and angry anytime someone is in or near Chicago, simply because I deserve to have the most fun of anyone and nobody "gets it" the way I do. The chocolate surely eased my irrational hatred, along with a home-made card -- both stashed in my night stand on the 13th.


First thing Monday morning, I dashed over to his house to give him the gift I'd been working on for several weeks: a patchwork quilt throw.

After some breakfast he treated me to a manicure, after a relatively disastrous pedicure trip I made a week earlier. Soon enough, I was due back at work.

I was instructed to dress semi-formal for our night out. I threw on a silk dress I got from Anthropologie a few years earlier and some really great black peep-toe heels that have been begging for a night out. I was given roses before we set out on our evening.

Darien chose The Capital Grille in Beverly Hills. After being seated at a cozy, well-lit table, we were presented a flux of unexpected amuses. We ordered lobster stuffed crab cakes as an appetizer, and were given a complimentary plate of crab legs, as well as free champagne all night.



And yes, the "Grand Plateau" appetizer dish is $96.

We ate lobster macaroni and cheese, filet mignon, mashed potatoes, and were loosening our belts in no time. After given the grand treatment, we hurried off to my next surprise -- a private helicopter tour over Los Angeles.


 

The office building was very obviously decorated by the men who run it, for which I have great appreciation. More free champagne, sweets, and a plasma while we waited. We were finally taken out to where our helicopter was and took off -- we flew over Burbank, Universal Studios, Hollywood, directly next to the Hollywood sign, the Hollywood Bowl, the Staples Center, Los Angeles Zoo -- all within about 20 minutes.

 My photos are, of course, blurry, but I feel like this shot gives you an example of our view.

After landing, we got home close to 1:00 AM (a good four hours before I needed to get up for work) and called it a night.