I did it.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yup. Did it. Done duder. Went to the dentist.

Aside from my meltdown in the waiting room, and then my meltdown in the X-ray room where the dental assistant handed me a box of tissues, and then another meltdown as soon as I sat in the chair where my dentist was just trying to joke around with me, I think I handled it pretty OK.

After six years of not going to the dentist, and expecting a root canal and needing all my teeth extracted without medicine and being the least attractive person on earth because I have no teeth and having to puree food for the rest of my life... I have three cavities.

I thought I was going to have to get drunk and watch Roseanne alone and paint my nails while crying over all of the emotions that going to the dentist forces me to experience, but I will now wind up celebrating being blessed with some of the best teeth in the game and falling asleep in about 5 minutes because I took two Xanax today just to cope with my emotions.

This is a post about going with the flow.