i’m going through another purge

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A clothing purge, that is. I need to get rid of everything. I donated probably 4-5 grand worth of clothes I've accumulated the past few years about a month ago and now I'm really getting down to the brass mothafuckin tacks. If there's a problem with an item, it's gone. If I think it's cute but never wear it, GONE. If you're my friend on Facebook, you have an opportunity to purchase items for $8 each; if not, I'm sorry, but you'll have to check out the Goodwill and Salvation Army in the greater Los Angeles area to get your hands on my dope robes. No more sentimental hanging onto things. For the most part. There are a few things I can't get rid of (my mother's vintage stuff, for example).

Gosh. My closet is just not big enough. It will never be big enough. (My closet spans an entire wall in my room. Probably 10 feet wide. Built-in shelves. Three hanger rods.) It just needs to all go. A big part of my life is purchasing only second-hand clothes or fabric to make my own. The reason merits its own blog post, but in short, it's to ensure I won't be walking around town wearing the same thing as anyone else. I just don't even want to look at new clothes. I'm in Britney head-shave mode.