Things that make me sad

Sunday, November 28, 2010

1. Weeds is almost over. Think about it. One more season, and that's it.

2. Sunday.

3. Every time I go in my parents' kitchen and look for soup, my dad says "There's some chicken tortilla soup in there!" The only reason they started buying chicken tortilla soup six years ago because I showed marginal interest in making chicken tortilla soup. I needed to make the soup for a boyfriend for a romantic-ish picnic I took him on. It was a one-time thing. And a one-other-time thing because he asked me to make it again, from scratch. Ever since then, my family always buys chicken tortilla soup because they think I have a strong affinity for it. I don't. In fact, I'd like to never think about chicken tortilla soup again because of the stigma attached. Not that it really means anything, and it doesn't even make me that sad. But it's just been so many years without me saying anything to my parents about how I'd actually really rather not have chicken tortilla soup because basically chicken tortilla soup represents a part of me that seriously died a year afterwards that I choose to not revisit and you'd think that one of these times I would speak up about it, but I don't. And I haven't for six years. It would be embarrassing to say something now. I just let the words roll off my back, until next time.

4. Chicken tortilla soup inducing emotional breakdowns.