Why I Might be Obsessed with Working Out

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Since July, I have made a strong effort to work out everyday. Ev. Ery. Day. Bare minimums, 30 minutes of cardio with some light weight training on top. I have been sick for a week, and not worked out ONCE, so I'm starting to feel like a moose in its third trimester. But yo, I haven’t given up on my healthy lifestyle yet.

A few people sent me questions about what I was eating. Some people seemed genuinely curious and others seemed concerned, which is obnoxious, but thanks. Whatever.

Well, I start my day off with a huge glass of water with lemon.  I’ll eat scrambled eggs or turkey bacon with low calorie whole grain toast. Lately I've been taking the lazy man's route and having a bowl of Multigrain Cheerios. At lunch time, I'll have some home made vegetable soup or some Progresso low sodium chicken noodle. For dinner, some chicken, some vegetables, whatever I feel like. Most of my snacks have been Chocolate Soymilk (the light version) -- only 90 calories per cup.

And just so you don’t think I’m a damn freak with the most willpower in the world, tonight Darien and I went to get Thai food, where I ate a huge plate of Pad See Yew. Like, I wolfed it down. It was disgusting to watch, probably.

But yeah. With the exception of tonight and a handful of other exceptions, this is what I’ve been restricting myself to. I feel healthier. I’ve gotten my daily workouts up to two hours some days, hiking a few miles here and there, and I feel like that’s helped enormously with my chronic depression and anxiety, as well as sleeping.

Punch my abs.