shit talk

Friday, October 29, 2010

Landed in Nashville yesterday and I'm currently swimming in a deluge of conflicting emotions. I don't really want to get into all of that just yet, but it's bringing back a lot of loneliness, sadness, confusion, and... even a bit of happiness. I'm trying my hardest to put on my happy face and give it another go, but the key word in this is "trying."

We went downtown last night to revisit some of the greatest honky tonk tourist areas. It's already beginning to feel wintry here and if you know me at all, you know I HATE WINTER. But I was in good company and that alone kept me sailin'.

So I was talking to one of my friends who I've known since my first day of college, and I was being a superhag and venting and talking trash about people who I think suck at their jobs/suck at what they do/suck at living/suck at attempting to pursue more than mediocrity and he really empathized with me.

Like, it never really feels good to shit talk people, you guys. It never really like, gets my rocks off or what have you, but when people get under your skin and you express it and someone else is able to justify why that person makes you wanna slap 'em in the face real hard, it feels awesome.

So, yeah. Feelings, you guys.