I could blog about this two different ways.

    •    I’m extremely thankful for this fever, runny nose and congested ears because it means I was not so severely depressed this past week that I couldn’t get out of bed and I wanted to die. I was just sick and couldn’t get out of bed and wanted to die. Hooray for somatic symptoms, not psychological problems.

Or…

    •    Bad news, you guys. Depression has learned how to come with a runny nose. It also attempts to coat your body in depression, which, in its physical form, is slimy and drips from your nose. This is only the start. CNN says it is learning how to make and use tools, the one thing separating us from other animals! Besides chimps! And some birds! And probably other wildlife!

I really thought I was going to kill myself for the past week. “Well, this is it. This is the start. I will feel this way for the rest of my life. Let’s make a deal, Wayne Brady (I call my brain Wayne Brady. It’s just a coincidence that he’s the new host of Let’s Make A Deal), and decide that if I feel like my soul is caving in for 8 more hours, then we’re just going to lie in the middle of the street and pray a cool car runs us over.”