why you can't take me anywhere

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I went to dinner this weekend almost every night with some good friends.  As we were leaving one night, I started to get emotional because I was drunk and overwhelmed with some thoughts*. When we got to the outdoor patio on our way out, I was semi-sobbing and the two dudes running the host’s stand looked at me like I was crazy, so I said the only thing I knew to say in the moment to get the better of both of them:

“I know what you’re thinking, but I’m crying because I’m pregnant and I’m getting an abortion in the morning!”

After the shocked registered in their faces, I burst out laughing between my tears and said “Haha! I’m just kidding. I’m just drunk and emotional!”

Then we got in the car and left, pretty much.

On a scale of one to ten, I would say I handled this about “awesome.”

*Warrants its own blog, but like, this isn’t LiveJournal.