confession

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I’m currently illegally downloading the “2009 Japan Leak MuteMath Armistice.”

There are a number of reasons why this is ironic.

1. Darien tours with MuteMath. Therefore I tour with MuteMath. My boyfriend and I have shared TINY MOBILE LIVING QUARTERS with a band. And I feel compelled to illegally download their product.

2. I gave my copy of Armistice to my boss, who I LOVE, because she had never heard of them and is always down for new music. She was so down for new music that she’s actually been playing this record on repeat in her truck for several months. She has been playing it so much that it now skips and she has threatened to “cut up” Darien if she doesn’t get a new one. If you can’t see why this employer/employee/employee’s boyfriend relationship is everything I ever dreamed, I can’t help you.

3. I know this is really bad to admit, having worked in the music industry where my pay directly resulted from media sales, but I haven’t purchased a record in literal years. Maybe more than five of them years.

4. I am telling myself to not feel bad because Darien can get me a new copy anytime for free.

5. Darien is going to cut me for posting this.

Anyway. I’m just sayin.