foot soss

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

OK, I’m back, I interviewed, I have my whites in the washer and I’m about to eat some something or something.

It went well. I’ve left interviews feeling a lot better and I’ve left feeling a little worse. I usually don’t allow myself to get upset about these things either way because it’s such a random thing, I’m not actually with a career yet and I mostly go out on things that are one in a million shots. But I’d really like this job. I’d like to play this character. I’d like to be a brilliant employee. I’d like to pay my bills next month.

I will tell you what I’m pretty pissed off about, though. My new boots, the ones I got over Christmas? I wore them for the second yesterday, and as I got a little drowsy, I failed to realize that my socks were creating the kind of friction that makes big ol’ blisters.

You guys? I got a blister the size of a fruit roll-up on the bottom of my foot. It SPANS MY FOOT. Ouch, right? So then you wanna know what happens? I am walking to my car and all of a sudden, I feel something POP in my shoe. POP. Then my sock and shoe floods with blister juice. I don’t know, I guess it’s liquid puss or something if you really wanna get in to it. When I was a kid I thought it was ocean water.

I don’t know how I’m supposed to walk on you Foot, but you better let a sister know so she can move the crap on with her life.