i don't suffer from too many people getting married

Friday, March 19, 2010

and therefore I rarely have those meltdowns where I’m like “Everyone I know is getting hitched and I’m not and I’m going to die alone and I don’t know if I can handle the pressure of that.” I see people have those a lot, but fortunately for me, only a small handful of people I actually respect are married/have gotten married while I’ve known them. Sure, I feel pressure constantly to become all square and boring (I guess I’m already boring) but I just. No.

On the flip, watching couples argue and be miserable with their kids all morning at the airport has really inspired me to get very OK with the fact that I’m not in that place in my life. God, the carrying of things and whining and caring about other people’s feelings you have to do once you have kids and need to fly places with them and the person you made them with. Ugh. What a disgusting waste of energy.