at least it's sunny

Monday, March 29, 2010



I have no words to describe my New Orleans trip. There have been times in my life that I’ve attempted to write about a positive experience and just wound up crying while writing it and then posting it to my blog and still not feeling satisfied with what I’ve said and also a little embarrassed about it because I sound like an overemotional baby.

That said, I am not going to bother to write a whole post telling you everything I did and how good seeing faces that I love in a city that makes me far more comfortable than the one that I’ve been living in for the last year makes me feel.

After seeing the vast majority of the country, I am not a huge fan of Los Angeles. I’m pretty open about that. I don’t hate the sunshine, I love my friends, the beach is mad important to me and work is the reason that I live at all and this is a great place to do a lot of that. But you wanna know what? I’m just not that into LA. I have awesome friends and it’s not their fault, but let me put it this way: I’m starting to feel like LA is a really unsupportive boyfriend that I’m sticking with because he’s handsome and I don’t want to be bothered to pack my things up and find a new place. I really did feel like a battered wife going back home to her man after a weekend in Vegas with her French lover as I sat at the airport. I’ll always want to come back to LA to visit, but living here again? I want to be done as soon as possible.  There’s just too many places in the world that are way more amazing than a place I was born & raised.

It could take the rest of this year before I can consider leaving. There’s a good chance that I could have work somewhere else that would top anything I’ve done thus far, but it will be a while out before I know anything about that. There’s also another huge chance that it won’t work out and that I’ll be stuck here until I learn to like it and/or my parents’ tool shed is more appealing.

I’m sad right now. Because I slept for 9.5 hours and still want more, and I paid my car insurance over the phone, and this is going to be Hell Week with my work schedule, and I need more hours in the day.

I’ll figure it out.