mmmm

Monday, February 8, 2010

You guys know I feel really strongly about Doritos, right?

OK, so check this: back in the day they had a flavor called Smokey BBQ and it was the freakin jam. Like, a really well put-together chip. They were doing something right over at that Frito-Lay Corp. the day they came up with Smokey BBQs. About a year after they came out, they discontinued the chips. Two lessons there: 1) ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE WHILE YOU HAVE IT and 2) LIMITED EDISH IS 4REALS NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. BELIEVE THE HYPE.

So, it was pretty bogus for a little while there ‘cause there was nothing that was as delicious in my mouth as the Smokesters, but a few nights ago after work, I went to the kitchen and looked on the chip shelf and saw these Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos. I was curious, so I went for it. I was ready to throw them away after the first chip if they were gnarly because I’m not a sentimental person about fatty, disgusting foods. If it’s the bomb, I’ll eat it. If it’s gross, forget it. Leave it for some other fatty.
BUT YOU GUYS!?!?!? THEY WERE THE SMOKEY BBQ DORITOS. THEY ARE BACK! WITH A NEW NAME!

I love you, guys! I love you Doritos! A lesser customer would be disappointed in your for recycling your recipes, but I am not! Not in the slightest! Nothing could bring me more joy than to rediscover a taste from my past in my very future-ish present. Yeah, I live in the future-present. I’m here with you guys, but like, three paces ahead.

Anyway, OMG. Do yourselves a favor and ride your bike down to the corner store and strap a bag of these in to your basket and ride home and then eat them on your floor and listen to Blink 182 and cry a little bit when you wonder if you’ll ever get to meet them.

Then you can be me when I was 13.