seasonal

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

being home for more than three days at a time takes some getting used to. like space shuttle re-entry. yesterday was a finalizing day for the history channel show. today i might whiten my teeth.
tomorrow=swimming.

one event a day is about my limit.

over the last 2 months, in between traveling, mikey has come down to LA to work on new songs. and along with an unhealthy amount of disney channel watching… on my part… we got some really great shit done. no lyrics yet, but we have about 7 or 8 songs dialed in…. the lyrics are always the last ones to the party. and until they come, i’m just chipping away. accumulating bits and pieces. stealing. for my own music.



oh, i did write what i think are the final lyrics for one song. it’s currently my favorite lyric ever, but i’m sure that will change… the song has the working title, ‘alison krauss/robert plant’ and the lyrics are:

it’s warm enough to trick the birds into singing,
it’s warm enough to give ‘em hope.
but we both know, it’s dead winter
and that season’s change but we don’t.
can you dig on that sad shit?!  oh yes!


alright, that’s it for me… i’m off to have my teeth bleached to a radiant ivory… if you happen to be in malibu this afternoon, look for the beacon that is my mouth. the second sun. like they have on superman’s planet.